LOCATION: SANTA CRUZ, CA
Title: Positive Discipline In The Classroom
Facilitator: Jane Weed-Pomerantz, CPDLT and
Adrian Garsia, CPDT
Date and Time:
Friday and Saturday
June 29 - 30, 2012
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Santa Cruz County Office of Education
400 Encinal St.
Santa Cruz, CA
FOR SCHOOL PERSONNEL WHO:
• Want to reduce discipline problems by teaching self-discipline, responsibility, cooperation, and problem-solving skills.
• Understand that the development of life-skills supports academic learning, community involvement, and success in work and relationships.
• Want a large toolbox of methods that support positive social/emotional learning environments.
• Want a classroom community based on mutual respect.
WORKSHOP PARTICIPANTS WILL:
• Learn how to teach the Eight Building Blocks for effective class meetings to students.
• Explore motivations for behavior and learn respectful, encouraging ways to be kind and firm at the same time when faced with discipline problems,
• Become familiar with tools to effectively lead a classroom based on cooperation, problem solving and mutual respect.
• Learn how to empower students to look for solutions and do the right thing even when no one is looking.
• Acquire resources for ongoing teacher and staff support using Teacher Helping Teacher Problem Solving Steps.
Early Registration through May 29, 2012: $335,
Regular Registration: $370. Fees include Positive Discipline in the Classroom book by Jane Nelsen and resource binder.
Scholarships available: send request to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Marianne Pinner
Co-sponsor: Positive Discipline Community Resources www.pdcrsantacruz.org
Call Positive Discipline Association,
Sign up online (preferred) www.positivediscipline.org.
CEUs: Course meets qualifications for 14 hrs. CEU’s for MFTs and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences, Provider # PCE 3902.
Nurses, CA: Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 15319
Local contact: Jane Weed-Pomerantz, 831.423.2293
A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.
For all other items or events, the processing fee will be 10% of the purchase price or a minimum of $5.