LOCATION: SEATTLE, WA
Title: Positive Discipline in the Classroom
Facilitator(s): Stacy Lappin, M.Ed., CPDT
Dates and Times:
August 15 - 16, 2017
Tuesday - Wednesday
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
2100 24th Ave S
Seattle, WA USA
With a Masters in Special Education and as a former classroom teacher and mother to three, Stacy shares Positive Discipline tools with other teachers and diverse audiences of parents including families experiencing homelessness, families in transitional housing and foster families. In addition to her work with adults, Stacy has successfully developed a Sunday school preschool program in her local faith community and is a much-loved Girl Scout leader.
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for teachers, counselors, school staff and administrators who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging student behaviors. Attendees will earn recognition as a Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator and will learn to:
- Develop a large teaching toolbox of kind and firm discipline approaches.
- Establish explicit classroom structures and procedures.
- Create an equitable classroom community based on mutual respect.
- Understand the motivation behind students' misbehavior and how to encourage positive change.
- Facilitate effective class meetings teaching social skills and problem-solving.
- Learn Positive Discipline/Adlerian Psychology for use in the classroom and school community.
- Gain information on how to address the effects of childhood trauma and insecure attachment.
Cost: $375 early registration, available until July 14, 2017. $425 regular registration. Limit 30.
To Register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/positive-discipline-in-the-classroom-seattle-2100-building-registration-34474359738
Special needs/accommodations: If you have any special accommodation needs, please contact Mary Power, email@example.com, in advance.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Workshop Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.
In the event of cancellation, participants will be notified by email.