LOCATION: STAMFORD, CT
Title: Positive Discipline in the Classroom
Facilitator(s): Carol Dores, CPDT
Dates and Times:
June 19 - 20, 2017
Monday - Tuesday
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Bi-Cultural Day School, 2186 High Ridge Road, Stamford, CT 0903
Carol is a Certified Positive Discipline Trainer. She has worked with hundreds of parents of all aged children (prenatal to adult), as well as educators and staff of preschoolers through high school. She co-founded Positive Discipline of Connecticut, and served as Co-Chair of the international Board of Directors of the Positive Discipline Association. Carol writes blogs for Positive Discipline of Connecticut, and has articles published in Compass, a Positive Discipline digital magazine. She has two adult sons and a husband of over 30 years. Their relationships continue to grow and benefit from Positive Discipline.
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for teachers, counselors, school staff and administrators who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging student behaviors. Attendees will earn recognition as a Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator and will learn to:
- Develop a large teaching toolbox of kind and firm discipline approaches.
- Establish explicit classroom structures and procedures.
- Create an equitable classroom community based on mutual respect.
- Understand the motivation behind students' misbehavior and how to encourage positive change.
- Facilitate effective class meetings teaching social skills and problem-solving.
- Learn Positive Discipline/Adlerian Psychology for use in the classroom and school community.
- Gain information on how to address the effects of childhood trauma and insecure attachment.
Cost: $375 early registration, available until May 17, 2017. $425 regular registration. Four (4) or more registering together, take $50 off the fee. Limit 30.
Special needs/accommodations: If you have any special accommodation needs, please contact Carol Dores, firstname.lastname@example.org, in advance.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Workshop Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.
In the event of cancellation, participants will be notified by email.