LOCATION: CHICAGO, IL
Title: Positive Discipline in the Classroom
Facilitator(s): Dina Emser, CPDLT, MA
Dates and Times:
October 20 - 21, 2017
Friday - Saturday
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
St. Clement School
2524 N. Orchard Street
Chicago, IL 60614
Certified PD Lead Trainer, over 25 years of experience with PD in the classroom, and parenting.
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for teachers, counselors, school staff and administrators who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging student behaviors. Attendees will earn recognition as a Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator and will learn to:
- Develop a large teaching toolbox of kind and firm discipline approaches.
- Establish explicit classroom structures and procedures.
- Create an equitable classroom community based on mutual respect.
- Understand the motivation behind students' misbehavior and how to encourage positive change.
- Facilitate effective class meetings teaching social skills and problem-solving.
- Learn Positive Discipline/Adlerian Psychology for use in the classroom and school community.
- Gain information on how to address the effects of childhood trauma and insecure attachment.
Cost: $375 early registration, available until September 20, 2017. $425 regular registration. Groups of 4 or more may take $50 off if they register together.
CES: The Positive Discipline Association has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider. ACEP No. 6723. This program also is co-sponsored by the North American Society of Adlerian Psychology (NASAP). NASAP is approved by the American Psychological Association to offer continuing education for Psychologists.
Special needs/accommodations: If you have any special accommodation needs, please contact Dina Emser, firstname.lastname@example.org, in advance.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Workshop Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.
In the event of cancellation, participants will be notified by email.