Facilitator(s): Eva Dwight, BA, MEd, ACC, CPDT
2024 E. University Dr.
Mesa, AZ, USA
After teaching junior and senior high English for 12 years, Eva Dwight earned her Masters Degree in counseling in 1997 and worked as a school counselor for 20 years. She is a Certified Positive Discipline Trainer, an Associate Certified Coach, and a trainer for the world-renowned Gurian Institute. Her parenting articles appear regularly in the nationally published blog allthemoms.com. She has been married for 32 years and is the proud parent of two sons, ages 21 and 23. For more information about the services she offers, go to www.creativecoachingconversations.com
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for teachers, counselors, school staff and administrators who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging student behaviors. Attendees will earn recognition as a Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator and will learn to:
- Develop a large teaching toolbox of kind and firm discipline approaches.
- Establish explicit classroom structures and procedures.
- Create an equitable classroom community based on mutual respect.
- Understand the motivation behind students' misbehavior and how to encourage positive change.
- Facilitate effective class meetings teaching social skills and problem-solving.
- Learn Positive Discipline/Adlerian Psychology for use in the classroom and school community.
- Teach students social-emotional skills such as emotional regulation, cooperation, communication, teamwork and leadership…and so much more!
- Teach problem solving and solution building, so students learn how to manage and resolve conflict peer-to-peer, without adult involvement.
What teachers noticed after implementing Positive Discipline in the Classroom:
- Increased teamwork between students & between students and teacher
- Students problem solving with each other more independently
- Students taking personal responsibility for their feelings and actions
What students noticed:
- "I'm able to decide on how to handle a situation instead of just getting mad."
- "I learned that people might have a different perspective on something than I do and how to handle that."
- "In this class, people act more as a "family" than just peers, like in other classes. This class works better together because of these lessons."
Cost: $375 early registration, available until September 21, 2018. $425 regular registration. Administrators attend free, with two paid teachers! Limit 30.
To Register: https://creativecoachingconversations.com/positive-discipline-in-the-classroom-training/DOWNLOAD FLYER
CES: The Positive Discipline Association has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider. ACEP No. 6723. This program also is co-sponsored by the North American Society of Adlerian Psychology (NASAP).
Special needs/accommodations: If you have any special accommodation needs, please contact Eva Dwight, firstname.lastname@example.org, in advance.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Workshop Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.
In the event of cancellation, participants will be notified by email.