Facilitator(s): Kathleen McClay, CPDT, & Teresa LaSala, CPDLT
Please Note: This is a combined workshop to receive certification in both Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way and Positive Discipline in the Classroom.
Click Here for Teaching Parenting Only
Click Here for Positive Discipline in the Classroom Only
122 Diamond Spring Road
Denville, New Jersey, USA
Kathleen McClay, a Certified Positive Discipline Trainer and Licensed NJ Teacher with many years of experience in the field of early childhood education. Kathleen serves as a Consultant with the School Culture and Climate Initiative, a partnership between United Way of Northern New Jersey and the College of Saint Elizabeth and is a member of the United Way Success By 6 Somerset County Steering Committee.
Teresa LaSala, a Positive Discipline Author and Lead Trainer, provides training and consultation in public, private, charter and parochial schools. She served the Positive Discipline Association's Board of Directors and regularly facilitates Positive Discipline certification trainings. Teresa is a Whole Child Faculty Member for ASCD and serves as a Coordinator with School Culture and Climate Initiative, a partnership of The United Way of Northern New Jersey and the College of Saint Elizabeth.
the Positive Discipline Way
in the Classroom
|Dates and Hours:
April 5-6, 2019
Friday - Saturday
9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
|Dates and Hours:
April 8 - 9, 2019
Monday - Tuesday
9:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way (developed by Lynn Lott and Jane Nelsen) is a research-based parent education program that provides a step-by-step approach to starting and leading experientially based parenting groups. This program stands alone or offers significant enhancement to any program. It provides experiential activities that reach the heart to inspire deeper understanding and change.
Participants in this workshop will:
- Learn research based effective tools and techniques for teaching parents how to use discipline that is kindand firm at the same time (non-punitive, non-permissive).
- Learn how to facilitate a parent class from the position of a non-expert.
- Gain practice with experiential exercises that help parents go beyond intellectual understanding to be able to respond in empowering ways that teach children.
- Learn how to use materials and activities in group settings, parenting classes and individual work with families
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for teachers, counselors, school staff and administrators who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging student behaviors. Attendees will earn recognition as a Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator and will learn to:
- Develop a large teaching toolbox of kind and firm discipline approaches.
- Establish explicit classroom structures and procedures.
- Create an equitable classroom community based on mutual respect.
- Understand the motivation behind students' misbehavior and how to encourage positive change.
- Facilitate effective class meetings teaching social skills and problem-solving.
- Learn Positive Discipline/Adlerian Psychology for use in the classroom and school community.
Cost: $790 early registration, available until March 1, 2019. $890 regular registration. 4 or more registering take $100 off. Limit 23. Our prices reflect a $20 fee for required two days of light breakfast, full lunch, snacks, coffee/tea/water throughout day, free parking and wifi.
Hilton Garden Inn
375 Mount Hope Avenue, Rockaway, New Jersey, 07866, USA
CES: The Positive Discipline Association has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider. ACEP No. 6723.
Special needs/accommodations: If you have any special accommodation needs, please contact Teresa LaSala, email@example.com, or Kathleen McClay, firstname.lastname@example.org, in advance.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Workshop Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.
In the event of cancellation, participants will be notified by email.