Facilitator(s): Carol Dores, CPDT
This is a combined workshop to receive certification in both Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way and Positive Discipline in the Classroom.
Click Here for Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way Only
Click Here for Positive Discipline in the Classroom Only
Marriott Hotel, 243 Tresser Blvd.
Stamford, CT, United States
Carol is a Certified Positive Discipline Trainer. She has worked with educators and staff of preschoolers through high school, as well as hundreds of parents of all aged children (prenatal to adult), . She co-founded Positive Discipline of Connecticut, and served as Co-Chair of the international Board of Directors of the Positive Discipline Association. Carol writes blogs for Positive Discipline of Connecticut, and has articles published in Compass, a Positive Discipline digital magazine. She has two adult sons and a husband of over 30 years. Their relationships continue to grow and benefit from Positive Discipline.
the Positive Discipline Way
in the Classroom
|Dates and Hours:
March 31 - April 1, 2019
Sunday - Monday
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
|Dates and Hours:
March 29 - 30, 2019
Friday - Saturday
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way (developed by Lynn Lott and Jane Nelsen) is a research-based parent education program that provides a step-by-step approach to starting and leading experientially based parenting groups. This program stands alone or offers significant enhancement to any program. It provides experiential activities that reach the heart to inspire deeper understanding and change.
Participants in this workshop will:
- Learn research based effective tools and techniques for teaching parents how to use discipline that is kindand firm at the same time (non-punitive, non-permissive).
- Learn how to facilitate a parent class from the position of a non-expert.
- Gain practice with experiential exercises that help parents go beyond intellectual understanding to be able to respond in empowering ways that teach children.
- Learn how to use materials and activities in group settings, parenting classes and individual work with families
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for teachers, counselors, school staff and administrators who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging student behaviors. Attendees will earn recognition as a Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator and will learn to:
- Develop a large teaching toolbox of kind and firm discipline approaches.
- Establish explicit classroom structures and procedures.
- Create an equitable classroom community based on mutual respect.
- Understand the motivation behind students' misbehavior and how to encourage positive change.
- Facilitate effective class meetings teaching social skills and problem-solving.
- Learn Positive Discipline/Adlerian Psychology for use in the classroom and school community.
Cost: $725 early registration, available until February 28, 2019. $825 regular registration. 4 or more registering take $100 off. Limit 30.
Carol Dores, email@example.com, 12037942099
Discounted rooms are available at the Marriott Hotel, 243 Tresser Blvd., Stamford, CT. Book your group rate for Positive Discipline of CT.
CES: The Positive Discipline Association has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider. ACEP No. 6723.
Special needs/accommodations: If you have any special accommodation needs, please contact Carol Dores, firstname.lastname@example.org, in advance.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Workshop Registrations: A full refund (minus a $60 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.
In the event of cancellation, participants will be notified by email.7