Title: Positive Discipline for Early Childhood Educators
Facilitator(s): Steven Foster, CPDLT, LCSW
Dates and Times:
04/04/2019 - 04/05/2019
9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Providence Willamette Falls Community Center
519 15th Street
Oregon City, Oregon 97045
Steven Foster is a Certified Positive Discipline Lead Trainer and a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. He is co-author of both the new Early Childhood Educators manual and Positive Discipline for Children with Special Needs. He has spent over thirty years working in a variety of early childhood settings. Much of this time was on the floor with small children.
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for early childhood educators, teachers, and caregivers who work with children from birth to six years of age. (Parents will also find this workshop helpful; however, the focus is on early childhood education.) Participants will learn to apply the principles and tools of Positive Discipline, an Adlerian research-based philosophy, to working with groups of young children. They will also gain a deeper understanding of how young children learn, the importance of belonging and social and emotional learning, and how best to teach those skills in a classroom or care setting. Participants will earn recognition as Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educators and will learn to:
- Create a classroom or care setting where children can develop a sense of belonging and significance based on the importance of contribution and mutual respect.
- Understand how young children learn and how to adapt teaching to the needs of this age group.
- Foster essential social and emotional skills to support development and school readiness and to understand behavior and how to guide it in groups of young children.
- Teach the essential skills for developmentally appropriate participation in class meetings.
- Learn Positive Discipline and Adlerian concepts for use in the classroom, preschool community, and with parents.
Cost: $375 Early Registration, available until 03/15/2019. $425 Regular Registration. 4 or more registering from the same program take $50 off of the fee. Limit 35
Steven Foster, firstname.lastname@example.org, 19712756510
Special needs/accommodations: If you have any special accommodation needs, please contact Steven Foster: email@example.com, in advance.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Workshop Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.
In the event of cancellation, participants will be notified by email.