Facilitator(s): Jónína Hauksdóttir, CPDT
Dates and Times:
09/01/2022 - 09/02/2022
Akureyri, Eyjafjörður, Iceland
Cost: $399 Early Registration, available until 07/31/2022. $420 Regular Registration. Limit 30.
I´m a preschool teacher and have been a principal in preschools since 1997 until last week. I first heard about Positive Discipline in 2009 and started implementing PD in my school in 2010. I have facilitated several PDA workshops, both with colleagues and by my self. I also just finished translating Positive Discipline for Early Childhood Educators in Icelandic.
I´m currently the vice president of the Icelandic Teachers Union.
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for early childhood educators, teachers, and caregivers who work with children from birth to six years of age. (Parents will also find this workshop helpful; however, the focus is on early childhood education.) Participants will learn to apply the principles and tools of Positive Discipline, an Adlerian research-based philosophy, to working with groups of young children. They will also gain a deeper understanding of how young children learn, the importance of belonging and social and emotional learning, and how best to teach those skills in a classroom or care setting. Participants will earn recognition as Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educators and will learn to:
- Create a classroom or care setting where children can develop a sense of belonging and significance based on the importance of contribution and mutual respect.
- Understand how young children learn and how to adapt teaching to the needs of this age group.
- Foster essential social and emotional skills to support development and school readiness and to understand behavior and how to guide it in groups of young children.
- Teach the essential skills for developmentally appropriate participation in class meetings.
- Learn Positive Discipline and Adlerian concepts for use in the classroom, preschool community, and with parents.
To Register: https://forms.gle/nJCZFyfZBepbxQXk7
Contact: Jónína Hauksdóttir, email@example.com, +3546926555
Special needs/accommodations: If you have any special accommodation needs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, in advance.
The workshop takes place in a big hall on the fourth floor and there is an elevation. Many restaurants are close by and even in the same building.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Workshop Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.
In the event of cancellation, participants will be notified by email.