A small group of Positive Discipline Trainer Candidates (PDTCs) come together with two or more of Lead Trainers to strengthen facilitation skills and knowledge base in Positive Discipline theory and practice..
The 4 day in person ACT follows the format of an actual Teaching Parenting or Positive Discipline in the Classroom workshop. Attendees serve in the role of facilitator, modeling best practices in Positive Discipline facilitation. Each Trainer Candidate is responsible for leading one or more “core activities," as well as taking a turn in leading the Parent Helping Parent (or Teacher Helping Teacher) Problem Solving process.
Participants have numerous opportunities throughout the training for practice. Participants also give and receive extensive feedback. The collaborative group learning experience provides a supportive environment for developing advanced Positive Discipline facilitation skills.
Upon completion of the 4 day Advanced Training, facilitators make a recommendation to the Board of Directors for certification as a Trainer or work with an individual to develop a plan to strengthen depth of understanding and quality practice.
FEES AND LOGISTICS
The fees for this Advanced Candidate 4 Day Training is $800 paid in three installments. PDTCs are responsible for their own transportation and accommodations. It is usually held at or near a hotel offering shuttle service to a local airport.
Advanced Candidate Training is offered annually at a point where it appears that we have twelve Candidates ready and committed to attend. Historically, this has been in the fall of each calendar year.
You are encouraged to take the following steps as you approach this milestone in the certification process:
- Notify the PDA at email@example.com as soon as you begin considering this option.
- Submit all required materials.
- Your files will be reviewed to be sure all prerequisites have been completed and documentation received.
- Work with your mentor or mentor group to ensure that you fully understand all of the core activities and the experiential model.
- You will be notified as soon as the next Advanced Candidate Training is scheduled.
- Payment plans can be arranged in advance where necessary.
Please remember, you are welcome -- and encouraged -- to contact the PDA office, your mentor, or any of our Lead Trainers, to discuss any questions or concerns with us personally.