Positive Discipline in the Classroom
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for teachers, counselors, school staff and administrators who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging student behaviors. Attendees will earn recognition as a Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator and will learn to:
- Develop a large teaching toolbox of kind and firm discipline approaches.
- Establish explicit classroom structures and procedures.
- Create an equitable classroom community based on mutual respect.
- Understand the motivation behind students' misbehavior and how to encourage positive change.
- Facilitate effective class meetings teaching social skills and problem-solving.
- Learn Positive Discipline/Adlerian Psychology for use in the classroom and school community.
- Gain information on how to address the effects of childhood trauma and insecure attachment.
Materials Included in the Workshop
The Revised 4th Edition Book: Completely revised, this edition provides more non-punitive strategies to create a classroom where students are learning self-discipline, responsibility, mutual respect, and problem-solving skills.Teachers' Guide:
Leaders' Guide: You've experienced the magic of Positive Discipline and now you want to share these amazing tools with your colleagues. This how-to guide gives the theoretical background and activities you can use with co-workers to build a respectful, solution-focused, school community.
This is the practical manual you've been looking for! The Teachers' Guide is designed to create a respectful classroom and school climate through social emotional learning, character education and effective discipline. It provides short, simple, clear lesson plans that you can easily integrate into your daily curriculum.
Bring Positive Discipline in the Classroom to Your School - Click Here