For map and directions go to: butler.edu
The 2017 Positive Discipline Annual Conference at Butler University features presentations for educators, clinicians, and parents. Spend the day developing Positive Discipline tools for home and school, or to support others through your coaching, consulting or counseling practice. CE Credit available.
KEYNOTE (9:00 - 10:00AM)
DR. JANE NELSEN: POSITIVE DISCIPLINE TOOLS FOR PARENTS AND TEACHERS
SESSION I (10:15-11:45AM)
1. MAKING THE SHIFT/ Presenter: Lois Ingber
2. CREATING A SCHOOL CULTURE AND CLIMATE THAT FOSTERS ENGAGEMENT: PUTTING THE PIECES TOGETHER FROM THE TOP DOWN AND BOTTOM UP!/ Presenter: Teresa LaSala
3. MANAGING THE STRESS OF PARENTING USING POSITIVE DISCIPLINE TOOLS/ Presenter: Carol Dores
SESSION II (1:15-3:15 PM)
1. GROWING EFFECTIVE CLASS MEETINGS. Presenter/Jody McVittie (Part one of two. Continues in Session III)
2. PARENTING IN THE REAL WORLD/Presenters: Brad Ainge & Mary Nelsen Tamborski
3. BECOMING AN ENCOURAGEMENT CONSULTANT/Presenter: Lynn Lott
SESSION III (3:30-5:00 PM)
1. GROWING EFFECTIVE CLASS MEETINGS (CONTINUED). Presenter/ Jody McVittie
2. EMBRACING DIFFERENCES. Presenter/Chantal Bourges
3. WALKING THE TALK: FINDING A WORK/LIFE BALANCE BASED ON MUTUAL RESPECT. Presenter/Cathy Kawakami
Click Here for complete conference program and descriptions.
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEES
Early Registration open through May 31, 2017 — $99
Regular Registration June 1-30, 2017 — $130
Late & On-Site Registration June 30, 2017 or after — $145
PDA MEMBER AND GROUP DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE.
Pre-ordered Box Lunches Available on-site for $12.00. There are several restaurants within walking distance, as well as on campus dining. For more information on campus dining options Click Here
In the event of cancellation, participants will be notified by email.
CE Credit Available (up to 6 hours)
Advanced registration requested.
The Positive Discipline Association is an approved National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Continuing Education Provider. ACEP No. 6723. This conference meets qualifications of up to 6 hrs. of Continuing Education credit. This program also is co-sponsored by the North American Society of Adlerian Psychology (NASAP). APA CE approval pending. NASAP is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to offer continuing education for Psychologists.