Facilitator(s): Julia Tomes, M.A.T., CPDT, & Steven Foster, LCSW, CPDLT
The Creative Science School
Portland, OR, USA
Julia Tomes has a Masters of Arts in Teaching and is a former elementary and middle school teacher. She is also trained in Montessori for Pre-Primary children. She has been a parent educator since 2008 and is a Certified Positive Discipline Trainer. Contact Julia: 503-841-9130 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steven Foster, is a licensed Clinical Social Worker and a parent educator since 2001. He is the co-author of Positive Discipline for Children with Special Needs, and the latest manual, Positive Discipline for Early Childhood Educators. Steven is a Certified Positive Discipline Lead Trainer. Contact Steven: 971-275-6510 or email@example.com
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for teachers, counselors, school staff and administrators who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging student behaviors. Attendees will earn recognition as a Certified Positive Discipline Classroom Educator and will learn to:
- Develop a large teaching toolbox of kind and firm discipline approaches.
- Establish explicit classroom structures and procedures.
- Create an equitable classroom community based on mutual respect.
- Understand the motivation behind students' misbehavior and how to encourage positive change.
- Facilitate effective class meetings teaching social skills and problem-solving.
- Learn Positive Discipline/Adlerian Psychology for use in the classroom and school community.
- Become familiar with research based and trauma informed tools that connect with students and/or mediate a conflict.
- Practice the Teacher Helping Teacher Problem Solving Steps, an effective tool for ongoing training and support for teachers, administrators, and all support staff.
Cost: $375 early registration, available until October 1, 2018. $425 regular registration. Four or more registering together receive $50 off the individual fee.. Limit 30.
CES: The Positive Discipline Association has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider. ACEP No. 6723. This program also is co-sponsored by the North American Society of Adlerian Psychology (NASAP).
Special needs/accommodations: If you have any special accommodation needs, please contact Julia Tomes, firstname.lastname@example.org, in advance.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Workshop Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.
In the event of cancellation, participants will be notified by email.