Facilitator(s): Ruth Buffam, B.Ed., CPDT
Dates and Times:
03/15/2019 - 03/16/2019
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
With a background in educational psychology and early childhood education, Ruth brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to her trainings. She has worked as a classroom teacher as well as special education teacher and consultant. She is a popular workshop facilitator and speaker on topics related to discipline and child behavior. One of Ruth's main goals in life is to make the world a better place for children and those who love and care for them. Her present work as a Certified Positive Discipline Trainer and Child Behavior Specialist is aimed at meeting that goal.
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for early childhood educators, teachers, and caregivers who work with children from birth to six years of age. (Parents will also find this workshop helpful; however, the focus is on early childhood education.) Participants will learn to apply the principles and tools of Positive Discipline, an Adlerian research-based philosophy, to working with groups of young children. They will also gain a deeper understanding of how young children learn, the importance of belonging and social and emotional learning, and how best to teach those skills in a classroom or care setting. Participants will earn recognition as Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educators and will learn to:
- Create a classroom or care setting where children can develop a sense of belonging and significance based on the importance of contribution and mutual respect.
- Understand how young children learn and how to adapt teaching to the needs of this age group.
- Foster essential social and emotional skills to support development and school readiness and to understand behavior and how to guide it in groups of young children.
- Teach the essential skills for developmentally appropriate participation in class meetings.
- Learn Positive Discipline and Adlerian concepts for use in the classroom, preschool community, and with parents.
Cost: $450 CAD early registration, available until March, 1, 2019. $500 CAD regular registration. Limit 9.
Special needs/accommodations: If you have any special accommodation needs, please contact Ruth Buffam, firstname.lastname@example.org, in advance.
Ruth Buffam, email@example.com, 4038185295
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Workshop Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.
In the event of cancellation, participants will be notified by email.