Facilitator(s): Kelly Pfeiffer
Location: Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Facilitator Information: Kelly Pfeiffer is a Certified Positive Discipline Lead Trainer, and has extensive practice applying Positive Discipline principles in her own parenting for twenty four years. She has been teaching Positive Discipline parenting workshops since the year 2000 and has twelve years of experience training parent educators. She serves on the Board of Directors for the Positive Discipline Association and travels to Europe and Asia to train parent educators and teachers about Positive Discipline and social emotional development. Kelly is also a Certified Master Trainer for the South Carolina Child Care Training System, a "Training from the Back of the Room" trainer and the owner of Go Interactive Training.
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for early childhood educators, teachers, and caregivers who work with children from birth to six years of age. (Parents will also find this workshop helpful; however, the focus is on early childhood education.) Participants will learn to apply the principles and tools of Positive Discipline, an Adlerian research-based philosophy, to working with groups of young children. They will also gain a deeper understanding of how young children learn, the importance of belonging and social and emotional learning, and how best to teach those skills in a classroom or care setting. Participants will earn recognition as Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educators and will learn to:
- Create a classroom or care setting where children can develop a sense of belonging and significance based on the importance of contribution and mutual respect.
- Understand how young children learn and how to adapt teaching to the needs of this age group.
- Foster essential social and emotional skills to support development and school readiness and to understand behavior and how to guide it in groups of young children.
- Teach the essential skills for developmentally appropriate participation in class meetings.
- Learn Positive Discipline and Adlerian concepts for use in the classroom, preschool community, and with parents.
Cost: Early Registration, available until 12/01/2018. 5800 yuen Regular Registration. . Limit 25.
To Register: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/5x3Dz-K-EdK4wSqFH8Gd0g
Special needs/accommodations: If you have any special accommodation needs, please contact FACILITATOR, EMAIL, in advance.
Contact:Kelly Pfeiffer, KellyPfeifferTHINKitTHROUGH@gmail.com, 8644770027
CEs: NASAP: , NBCC: