Facilitator(s): Omneya Askar, CPDLT
Dates and Times:
09/20/2021 - 10/25/2021
5:30 pm - 8:00 pm (Cairo time)
Location: ONLINE via Zoom
Language: This workshop is facilitated in Arabic and English.
Cost: LE 6500 Early Registration, available until 08/20/2022. LE 7100 Regular Registration.
Omneya Askar( Egypt) is a Certified Lead Trainer,former teacher and school principal.
Omneya introduced "Positive Discipline in The Classroom" and "Positive Discipline for Early Childhood" in Egypt and some Arabic countries by training hundreds of teachers in national and international schools.
In the aim of spreading Positive Discipline principles of Encouragement, Empowerment and Mutual Respect in her mother language, she founded "Arab Positive Discipline.Egypt Affiliate".
Omneya is married since 1993, mother of four daughters.
This interactive on-line live workshop is designed for early childhood educators, teachers, and caregivers who work with children from birth to six years of age. (Parents will also find this workshop helpful; however, the focus is on early childhood education.) Participants will learn to apply the principles and tools of Positive Discipline, an Adlerian research-based philosophy, to working with groups of young children. They will also gain a deeper understanding of how young children learn, the importance of belonging and social and emotional learning, and how best to teach those skills in a classroom or care setting. Participants will earn recognition as Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educators and will learn to:
- Create a classroom or care setting where children can develop a sense of belonging and significance based on the importance of contribution and mutual respect.
- Understand how young children learn and how to adapt teaching to the needs of this age group.
- Foster essential social and emotional skills to support development and school readiness, and understand behavior and how to guide it in groups of young children.
- Teach the essential skills for developmentally appropriate participation in class meetings.
- Learn Positive Discipline and Adlerian concepts for use in the classroom, preschool community, and with parents.
To Register: https://forms.gle/rTDqonTAv4n2yhmb6
Contact: Omneya Askar, firstname.lastname@example.org, +201001210070
Special needs/accommodations: If you have any special accommodation needs, please contact email@example.com, in advance.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Workshop Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.
In the event of cancellation, participants will be notified by email.