Facilitator(s): Jónína Hauksdóttir, CPDT
Dates and Times:
01/24/2022 - 01/25/2022
08:20 - 16:20
Reykjavík, Reykjavíkurkjördæmi, Iceland
Cost: $418 Early Registration, available until 12/23/2021. $418 Regular Registration. Limit 30.
A Pre-School Teacher since 1997 and a Principle in a Pre School since 1997.
Got my first certification in PD in 2010 as a TP and PDC. In 2014 as a CPDT and in 2019 ECE and add on certification in 2020 as a CPDT for pre - Schools.
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for early childhood educators, teachers, and caregivers who work with children from birth to six years of age. (Parents will also find this workshop helpful; however, the focus is on early childhood education.) Participants will learn to apply the principles and tools of Positive Discipline, an Adlerian research-based philosophy, to working with groups of young children. They will also gain a deeper understanding of how young children learn, the importance of belonging and social and emotional learning, and how best to teach those skills in a classroom or care setting. Participants will earn recognition as Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educators and will learn to:
- Create a classroom or care setting where children can develop a sense of belonging and significance based on the importance of contribution and mutual respect.
- Understand how young children learn and how to adapt teaching to the needs of this age group.
- Foster essential social and emotional skills to support development and school readiness and to understand behavior and how to guide it in groups of young children.
- Teach the essential skills for developmentally appropriate participation in class meetings.
- Learn Positive Discipline and Adlerian concepts for use in the classroom, preschool community, and with parents.
To Register: https://forms.gle/TbBU7nj9usyggmY36
Contact: Jónína Hauksdóttir, firstname.lastname@example.org, +3546926555
Special needs/accommodations: If you have any special accommodation needs, please contact email@example.com, in advance.
The workshop takes place in one of the city library´s hall in the capital.
A restaurant is in the same building with an easy accessibility.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: Workshop Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.
In the event of cancellation, participants will be notified by email.