CE Credits Available!
Join us for inspiring and transformative online conference sessions dedicated to exploring Positive Discipline and mental health. Positive Discipline uses an experiential learning model based on Adlerian Psychology which provides a holistic approach to mental health and well-being. Sessions will explore the intersection of Positive Discipline and mental health. This event is designed to empower individuals, professionals, and communities with Adlerian-based Positive Discipline tools and knowledge needed to thrive.
Learn from Positive Discipline Trainers who are licensed mental health professionals, therapists, researchers, and advocates as they share how Positive Discipline and Adlerian Psychology provide practical strategies for promoting mental health.
Together, we can be part of the conversation around mental health and contribute to a world where everyone has the resources and support, they need to thrive. Join us and be part of the change for a mentally healthier and more resilient society.
Date: Friday, January 26, 2024
Time: 11:30 AM – 4:00 PM (Eastern Time) Check your time zone
Language: English only
Format: Live Online
Recordings: Available to registered participants two weeks after the event.
Intended Audience: Social workers, mental health professionals, play therapists, counselors, psychologists, parent educators, other professionals.
| 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
|| Opening Panel
| 12:30 PM – 12:45 PM
| 12:45 PM –2:15 PM
|| Session One
| 2:15 PM – 2:30 PM
| 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM
|| Session Two
$99 – General
$89 – PDA Members (Before registering login to www.positivediscipline.org)
$69 – Students
- Inspiring Stories: Hear personal stories of resilience from individuals who have overcome mental health challenges illustrating recovery and wellness are possible and that no one is alone on this journey.
- Interactive Experiential Learning: Engage in hands-on, interactive conference sessions that provide valuable skills and techniques for managing stress, building resilience, and fostering emotional well-being.
- Community Support: Connect with a diverse and inclusive community of attendees, including mental health professionals, educators, students, and anyone passionate about mental well-being.
- Advocacy and Awareness: Explore ways to become an advocate for mental health awareness, reduce stigma, and promote mental health equity in your community.
- Networking: Build meaningful connections with like-minded individuals who share a commitment to improving mental health.
- The Other Side of ACEs: How the Building Blocks of HOPE and Adlerian Concepts Promote Positive Childhood Experiences – Aisha Pope, LCSW & LaTysa Flowers-Jackson
- Rethinking Parenting Anxious Kids: Using SPACE: Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood Emotions and Positive Discipline to Reframe and Rethink Supporting Anxious Kids and their Parents – Julianne Reilly, LCSW
- Promoting Mental Health in the Classroom Through Belonging and Significance – Lois Ingber, LCSW
- Positive Discipline Tools for Working With Families in Counseling – Lora Ferguson, LPC-S
- Using Positive Discipline Tools to Teach Children Self-Soothing – Noha Alshugairi, LMFT
- Using Positive Discipline and Adlerian Psychology to Build Resilience in Times of Change and Uncertainty – Deborah Owen-Sohocki, LPC
- How to Keep the Joy in Relationships: A Positive Discipline Perspective – Mary Tamborski, LMFT
CE CREDIT AVAILABLE
Up to 4 hours of NBCC CE Credit. The Positive Discipline Association is an approved National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Continuing Education Provider. ACEP No. 6723.
Did you know that you can be a sponsor at the Positive Discipline Mental Health Conference? More Information
PDA members receive a 5% discount.
- A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to conference date.
- Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before the conference date. However, paid registrants can transfer to future PDA training event including workshops within one year at no additional cost.
- Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the event.
- Participants will be notified by email if for any reason the event is cancelled.
For special needs accommodations, please contact